The forms and filing instructions on this page are intended for those who wish to file their own 990 documents without PBUSA assistance. If you would like 990 filing assistance from PBUSA, please visit our IRS Form 990 Help page.
Filing your 990-N
For organizations with annual gross receipts of less than $50,000:
- Go to https://sa.www4.irs.gov/epostcard/ and register as a new user,if necessary. (You will need to register as a "preparer".)
- Enter YOUR organization's EIN. Do not use PBUSA's EIN. The organization name will show up as “Parent Booster USA” because the IRS lists you as a subordinate organization under PBUSA in their database. This will happen on the first page and is nothing to be concerned about.
- Enter YOUR organization's name in the DBA (Doing Business As) field on the second page. If you would like PBUSA to file the 990N for you, see the PBUSA 990 Member Filing Service page.
If you get an error message that your EIN was not found this usually means that the EIN was entered incorrectly or the IRS has not yet updated its IRS Master File to include your organization. To resolve this problem you may:
- Wait a few months and try again.
- File a paper 990EZ (Download the PDF Form 990EZ) postmarked by your filing due date.
PBUSA has been informed that there is no penalty for late filing one year’s 990N. However, failure to file the IRS 990 for three consecutive years, or filing the 990 late for three consecutive years, will result in revocation of your organization's federal tax-exempt status.
Filing your 990EZ
For organizations with annual gross receipts between $50,000-$200,000.
Filing your full 990
For organizations with annual gross receipts of $200,000 or more.