PBUSA seeks interns with a keen interest in learning about nonprofit management to join its team. Interns will answer questions and provide assistance directly to PBUSA's members and the general public about how to properly and effectively operate a school booster club (i.e. athletic, music and other parent/volunteer organizations that raise money to support student activities in K-12 schools). Interns will assist in all areas of the administration of this rapidly growing nonprofit organization.
Students must be able to receive academic credit for the internship and be available to work at least 20 hours/week for a full term of at least 3 months (summer/fall/winter term). An interest in nonprofit management is required. Experience and/or course work in nonprofit management is a plus, but not required.
PBUSA offers a comprehensive training program. PBUSA's headquarters office is located in Winter Garden, Florida, minutes from Disney World, Universal and all that central Florida has to offer.
- Respond to email and phone calls requesting additional information on how to properly organize and operate a nonprofit school booster club
Assist with routine administrative and membership service tasks including:
- Creating email lists and sending email notices to members
- Following up with members regarding member services (membership renewals, incorporation, and other filings)
- Sending membership certificates to members
- Emailing donor packet confirming deductibility of contributions
- Tracking member fiscal years; compiling member responses; filing IRS Form 990-N e-Postcards for members
- Scanning and electronically filing member documents
- Updating the PBUSA member database
- Other tasks as assigned
Email resume and letter of interest to email@example.com. Please tell us (1) why you are interested in this internship; and (2) how it relates to your major and/or career goals.